Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thinking Warm Thoughts

I have been so out of it this week! I blame the cold. Just because I may not be eating ice cream, doesn't mean I can't claim brain freeze. I'm determined to think of warmer things so I thought I'd share some past vacation photos. We don't go on vacations very often, and as a family we've only been on one in eight years. Since we've lived in Chicago I've taken the kids to the beach (not Lake Michigan) twice. When we first moved here I packed the kids into the car and drove them to visit my sister in D.C. with a side trip to Ocean City, M.D. It was July and very hot.

This was the first trip that my older boys actually remember taking. We had such a great time and I keep promising to take them back someday. Todd doesn't remember any of it and insists that he needs to go again soon before he's "too big".
A trip that Todd does remember is our first family trip to North Topsail Beach, N.C. Everyone had a great time, and even Rose was running fearlessly into the waves by the end of the week.

All the kids agree that if we move anywhere we have to live close to a beach because they all love it. What about all of you? What do you think about to keep warm when it's so very cold outside?


9 comments:

ParentingPink said...

Great photos! I live near DC and it's a great place to bring the kids! Plus, I love that you posted "warmer weather" pics. I need to be warm here!

Jacie said...

We are cold here too in Georgia. We love the beach too. Makes me miss living in San Diego 5 minutes from the beach. Oh well, maybe we'll have an early spring.

Mammatalk said...

Darling! I love the photo of your daughter with her outstretched arms. Such joy.

Michelle said...

Oh that is the most fantastic last picture! I love the joy in her face. It's hard staying up when you're in Chicago in January (not that *I'd* know anything about that!), but looking at the vacation photos is a good idea. Me, I think I need to go get some ice cream and pretend it's warm!

Thank you so much for stopping by on my SITS day on Thursday. I've really enjoyed reading all the comments and lovely things people had to say. It's taking me a bit to get around to read the blogs of everyone who commented, but I'm getting there! I hope you enjoyed your stay and that you come back to visit again soon!

Aunt Spicy said...

Thanks for stopping by, its been so fun! Oh, and you must visit DC in the Fall, I think you would really enjoy it!

joanofalltrades said...

I'm from the MD/DC area. Isn't it a great place to visit? It's even a better place to live. I miss it. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Thanks for the virtual vacation, I needed it too! The midwest sure has been cold enough to give us brain freeze, I think I'm going to use that... ;)

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about North Topsail Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane