Wednesday, November 19, 2008

They're Watching Me

When we moved to the Chicago area a few years ago there was something I noticed right away. Not the weather, even though it we had actual snow before Thanksgiving that year.

It was not the lack of house work I'd get done because I'd spend all day at the giant IKEA that I found. Who needs home when you can have breakfast and lunch in there? It was the size of the squirrels. I mean these things are big enough that I'm afraid they'll eat my cat if he's out. I never have to say, "Jinx, don't bother the squirrels", or "Jinx, don't eat the squirrels". No, he prefers to watch them from inside the house where he's safe. I think the squirrels are plotting against me. I think they want to take over my house. They try to assume nonthreatening poses. They try disguising themselves.

But I always catch them coming out of their hiding spots, acting like they are just ordinary squirrels. Uh huh...right, because every squirrel on the block is hiding in a pumpkin on your front door step.
They are even so bold as to not run when I take the pictures to hold as evidence. I know I'm going to come home one day to changed locks and a squirrel answering the door. They are just biding their time til I'm gone long enough to make the switch.
I swear they are watching and waiting.
Do you have animals in your neighborhood who watch you? Maybe it's an uprising? What do you think?

6 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Those are some ginormous squirrels. I despise squirrels. When we first moved in, there were NONE here. WE had an owl. And several hawks. Apparently, the owl has moved on. And now we are over run. I need to find me another owl...

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wow look at those squirls!!
Great pix..

Nicole said...

Yeah, in our old house we had squirrels everywhere and for sure not being scared neither.

jubilee said...

Hiya! We have huge squirrels in Ohio too. Our neighbors cut a bunch of their limbs from their trees and the squirrels have gone nutty. Oops, that was bad, sorry. They are fun to watch at any rate - from inside the house, that is.

(Found you through SITS)

The Joynes Girls said...

I lived in Chicago about 8 years ago... Apparently the mutation in the squirrels occurred between then and now! What are you feeding those things? McDonald's Big Macs?

Frizzy said...

We have squirrels like that here in CA. We also have a neighborhood stinky skunk I would love to have shipped out of here. UGH! When I had fruit on my trees I also noticed a possum and/or a ginormous rat munching off my fruit tree til I let the dogs out after it. He hightailed his rear end out of the yard via telephone wires PDQ if ya know what I mean. Thanks for stopping by my SITS day. Your comments were very sweet.