Sunday, October 26, 2008

witches and wands

Rose's dance class is having a Halloween party on Tuesday and the parents are allowed to bring treats for the class. It's been a while since any of my kids have had a party at school that the parents have been allowed to bring anything that isn't already prepackaged, let alone anything period. I deliberated on baking something spooky and yummy, or cute and Halloweeny. In the end baking got ruled out all together and instead I decided I'd make something for the girls to play with. Using Rose's costume as an idea...


This is what I came up with.




Wands!
What little girl doesn't like to play with sticks all dressed up with ribbon and flowers? Eventually wands will be added to my tutu shop. Of course there won't just be Halloween or Autumn wands, I've got some other types in the make too. Birthday wands, Winter wands, Spring wands, Summer wands, color coordinated wands to match any tutu, too. Of course I have to test them out before I can offer them for sale. What better way to test a product than to give it away to a gaggle of dancing little girls? Plus it's just way better than sugar!




4 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh how fun! I want one and I am not even a kid! I think they will go over great! **I am here from SITS!** Happy Monday!

Tiffany said...

I'm visiting from SITS too. Cute wands! Perfect with the tutus

Paige Hinrichs said...

Great pictures! Love the wands.

Jen said...

I love the wands - very very cute idea!!!